New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cooper ruger 204 loads and INFO??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well I took the big ($$$$) plunge today and have a new Cooper Montana Varmiter on the way. Excited w/ the new caliber and my first Cooper. Hope the trigger will adjust to 1 lb. or less and still be safe.. Any experience with the 204 cal. or Coopers in general much apprec. thanx. Doc Stone Also need good loads and types of dies everyone is using so far?? Any and all info and advise is much appreciated..I'm thinking Redding bushing sizer, body die and competition seater, why not after buying a Cooper a few more $$$ won't matter. Aren't you glad you're not my next dental Pt. ("Ms.Smith, Ther's no doubt now you'll have to have all you antiquated dental restorations replaced asap") yep that's my story and I,m sticking to it. thanx, Doc Stone

one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
ok thi is a Ruger #1 SS/Lam

Hornady brass

Win Caps

32 V-max

29.5gr Win 748

4195 fps and .25" - .3" all day long.

Hornady dies.....partial resize.

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
3 shot groups or 5 shot?? What kind of scope do you have mounted. I have a 6-18 swarovski w/TDS reticle ready to go.. How does this small of a bullet seem to do in the wind?? thanx , pop,, Doc

one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
5 shots....3x12 sightron

The bullet does great due to the high speed. Does well on prairie dogs too

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doc,
Bought my first Cooper a couple years ago (.223 Remington in the Varminter Stock). The Cooper's are, in my opinion, really great bargins for a quality, wood-stocked rifle which will shoot consistenly well "out of the box".

I followed some advice given here by another Cooper owner to call the home office and talk to they guys about loads. They do all the loading for their testing and I found the people there to be extremely helpful. I suspect they could get you pointed in the right direction based on their experiece with the Ruger .204.

Enjoy your new toy.

Posts: 535 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 17 December 2000Reply With Quote