New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reloading for Blaser R93
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Do you think that reloading for Blaser R93 or R8 is more dangerous than to bolt rifles.? I have been adviced not to reload for those guns as the action is weaker then bolt guns. What are your opinions? Do you know any accidents wuith those guns with reladed ammunition?

Regards
Pawel

Posts: 45 | Location: Poland | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have very limited familiarity with the Blaser but do know it is a modern and expensive rifle. I would be shocked to learn they are significantly weaker than a typical bolt action rifle. I think you are being bullshat.

Suwannee Tim

Posts: 140 | Location: Way down upon the Suwannee River. | Registered: 02 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I have an R93 Standard with 6 barrels. I reload for all of the calibers. The 338WM and 270 are tack drivers.

Rich

Posts: 6481 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
I own Blaser R93's in .222 Rem, .300 Win Mag and 9,3x62. I bought my 1st in 1996 and have been reloading for them since. Among them, they fired exactly 3107 rounds (99,99 % handloads) without a single problem. I also partial size my brass and it lasts as long as cases from my conventional boltguns.

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shoot the Blaser R 93 in 223, 308, 300 Win Mag, and 375 H&H.

I have shot reloads in all of them. NO problems.

They are one of the most accurate, most reliable rifles, I have ever used.

And I have used them in some really bad weather, dusty, sandy conditions, hot weather, below zero weather, with no problems.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you.
This is what I have expected but some hove heard of accidents with Blaser ot Strasser and they link them to reloading.
My belief is that you can blow any rifle, even with factory ammunition if you do not check barrel for any obstructions.

Regards
Pawel

Posts: 45 | Location: Poland | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The one blown up Blaser incident that I have read a lot about was caused by a European loading a 300 Weatherby with pistol powder. The rifle let go after several rounds were fired, all showing signs of very high pressure.

If he would have stopped shooting after the first round, as any one should have, or so, he would not have blown up his rifle.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote