THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Re: For those interested "Aussie Made" Zero Press.

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: For those interested "Aussie Made" Zero Press.
 Login/Join

<eldeguello>
posted
Now, THAT looks like it'd do the job!! I don't believe I ever saw a press so MASSIVE!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
PC,
Thank you. That primer scheme works pretty well usually.
The OWS Rock Chucker will load the 20mm Hispano, and has a large die station to accommodate bushings clear down to the 5/8" nutcracker dies. My RCBS A press has a �1.6" double-start thread. What is the diameter and thread pitch of the basic hole on the Zero?
Regards from Darkest California,
Ross

Posts: 159 | Location: Oroville,California,U.S.A. | Registered: 14 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ross,

this is 1.6" as well...I neally bought an Ammo Master but I felt this to be a more solid unit than the ammo master with it's 3 poles of steel. Maybe I am wrong I don't know...this just looked to be more sturdy.

What press is the OWS Rockchucker ??

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oops! The Old Western Scrounger sells the Rock Crusher. It looks like a Rock Chucker on steroids.
Cheers from Darkest California,
Ross

Posts: 159 | Location: Oroville,California,U.S.A. | Registered: 14 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ross I lokked the press up on OWS and it did not have a pic of it...do you happen to know where I can look at a pic ??

regards pc.

one of us
posted Hide Post
PC,
I just found a 1986 catalogue, but my scanner is down.
The press resembles the RCBS A, but larger.
Weight with handle 80 LBS.
Length of press 26"
Length of handle 30"
Width 6"
Depth 11"
Stroke of ram 5�"
Opening in frame 8�"x3�"
Opening in head of press 1�"x12tpi.
Price (then, 1986) was US$675.00 with one shellholder for a .50 BMG, 20mm Lahti, 20mm Solothurn or 20mm Short Solothurn.
If I can get an image sent to my files, I'll try to post the pages in the catalogue.
Cheers,
Ross

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ross.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Today I purchased an Aussie made "zero" press as I had wanted a bigger single stage than my RC11....after looking at the RCBS Ammo Master, Redding Ultra Mag and the zero, I have opted for the zero. If anyone is looking for an extra heavy duty single stage then this might be of interest. I will have some pics for folks in the enxt couple of days as my boss took a couple of pics of it on his digital camera for me.

It has a huge opening a tad under 6" it is made from fabricated high tensile steel and can load from .22 hornet through to 4 bore. It also has a unique shell holding systym to secure your standard RCBS shell holders. It delivers over 6 tonnes of torque and the inventor Anthny Klimek claims it to be much stronger than a cast press. The Australian Military use them as does Bruce Bertram and RCBS has one in there "press room" apparently

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dangerous Dave just sent me a flier on the Rockcrusher and the Maxi-Measure.
The new one is a little changed, as the die station is threaded 2.75". Ram diameter is 40mm, stroke 7�".
Current price is US$1,050.00.

The powder measure is a Belding & Mull on steroids.
Eleven lbs. Powder reservoir capacity � gallon. Presently not available.
The die list includes:
.50 Browning
.55 Boyes
12.7x107 Russian
20mm Lahti
20mm Solothurn
20mm Vulcan (U.S. M-103)
23x115 Soviet

As cheap as surplus plinking ammo is, it hardly seems worthwhile to reload.
Ross

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ross,

Just out of curiosity I would love to see a pic of the thing.....I have developed a bit of a likeing for different kinds of presses lately

one of us
posted Hide Post
PC,
My scanner is sicker than I thought and will be some time before I can send an image.
I requested a new cat from Dangerous Dave. The new ones will be awhile, but he sent me the slick flier on the press. Perhaps you could get one too. If not, I'll send you a copy of mine when the scanner doc gets out here in the boonies.
My interest is in old loading tools too. You don't know the whereabouts of an old rusty Wamadet decapper in need of a loving home, do you? I will likely have to fabricate one myself; it's not too complicated apparently.
Regards from Darkest California,
Ross

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
PC sent me some pic's and I've posted them on the Aussie board just click here and see the pictures.

Posts: 7996 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bakes, Pity my ugly mugs in the pics

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Zero looks good. A couple of questions: how are the spent primers handled? and what is the thread size of the die station before bushing?
I'm trying to envision it next to a Rock Crusher.
Ross