New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all .300 RUM shooters
 Login/Join

<Rye>
posted
I am considering buying a .300 RUM in a stock remington. I will then get a trigger job completed. I am looking for advice on which BDL to select based on accuracy.
The BDL Deluxe(walnut),BDLSS,or BDLLS??
Not interested in the sendero.
I have heard that if you buy a remington get a synthetic because the wood ones don't shoot nearly as well???
I know the pros and cons of wood vs synthetic
and have had good luck with weatherbys in the past, but am looking for some overall
experiences from seasoned remington guys.
I love a good piece of walnut but have doubts about the remington in wood?
From an out of the box accuracy standpoint
what's the way to go??? Which ones are shooters and which ones are not.
Ryan

<BigBores>
posted
My father's had a wood stocked BDL for something like 30 yrs. It's still box stock. Will shoot sub MOA groups with my (no conciet here!) handloads. I think the whole wood/synthetic thing is over sensitized. Buy what you like. Even if it is a RUM!LOL.

<Eric Leonard>
posted
i have a few of each.on avg. cant tell the difference.they will shoot.

<Derek K>
posted
I just bought a 300 RUM BDLSS with a synthetic stalk. Out of the box the gun shoots awesome. With 180 Nosler partitions and H1000 powder I can get 5/8" groups from 3 shots. I also have a BDL with a wooden stock in .270. The groups are almost identical or a little better. The .270 is about 5 years old. As for a custom trigger job you might want to try adjusting your remington. The remington triggers are fully adjustable and are considered some of the best on the market. I was able to adjust my new 300 RUM to about 2 3/4 pounds with a very crisp break.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a wood stocked BDL LH that was purchased new in 1978 and it still an MOA rifle. It has kept it's zero no matter what the weather.

Posts: 598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 16 June 2000Reply With Quote