New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barnes Match Burners
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have any experience with the new Barnes Match Burner Bullets in 6.5mm? I picked up some today as they were the only 140gr target bullets at the local store and they were marked about $10 cheaper than the SMKs that were out of stock and about $20 cheaper than the Berger VLDs. I am going to be loading these for my new Swede that is in transit so I was kind of curious if anyone has tried them out? If you have used them did you use other data? Barnes website has nothing listed other than the TSX and TTSX data.

Posts: 743 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 23 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I havent used them, but I have emailed Barnes on four or five occassions when there was no data on the website and they have always sent me some data within 24 hours or so.

Curtis

Posts: 706 | Location: Between Heaven and Hell | Registered: 10 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Curtis,

Did you shoot them from a 6.5x55 swede by chance and if so would you mind sharing what Barnes told you?

I sent them an email yesterday and am waiting to hear back from them. The last email I sent them I never received a response back from them so I will not be holding my breath.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I received an email from Barnes this morning (shocking) stating that I should use data from a reputable source. Since I have a bunch of RE-22 I think I will go off of my Sierra Manual and work up a load for it.

Anyone have success with RE-22 and the 140gr match bullets? I also have RE-19 and a bunch of H4831SC, H4350, IMR4350, W760, W748, etc, etc, etc

one of us
posted Hide Post
Re22 seems kinda slow for a Swede. I'd be trying 4350 first.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised they didn't point you in some direction more than that. I have always had good info from them. Looks like both Rl22 and 4350 would work well. I used the Rl22 for a TTSX load with the swede and had good results. I think going with the Sierra data would be a good place to start. Be carefull if you are shooting out of a small ring mauser. Just dont work all the way to max loads, otherwise go for it.

Curtis

Posts: 706 | Location: Between Heaven and Hell | Registered: 10 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback. I'm just surprised that they actually emailed me back. I sent them an email about a year ago asking for info on their 150gr .311 bullet for my Enfield and they never replied to either one of my emails.

The rifle is a new Howa 1500 so I can use the more modern load data for the rifle.

BECoole I have found RE-22 to be a very versatile powder and gives great results in everything I ever loaded with it.