Find
Notify
Tools

175 gr. 7X57 Mauser load info needed.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have a good load for a 175 gr. bullet for a modern (Ruger 77 mk.II) 7X57 rifle. From the looks of it all the max. loads I see in my reloading manuals is been lawyerised (is that a word?) because of older gun worries.

Thanks in advance for any information you can give...

Roi

Posts: 626 | Location: The soggy side of Washington State | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys,

I think I'll try 3031 to start as I've had pretty good luck with it over the years, plus I have enough of it that it won't hurt if it doesn't work out.

eldeguello:

How in the heck do you get 54 grs. of RL22 in a 7X57 case along with a 175 gr. bullet? My R-P cases are fullllll+ (level with the rim of the neck) at (approx.) 50.2 grs., this using a long drop tube and all. Do you melt the stuff before you pour it in or something?

Enquiring minds want to know... :-)

Roi

Posts: 626 | Location: The soggy side of Washington State | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
It is possible that you have a lot of brass that has less capacity than the stuff I've been using. I have not been using a drop tube, just a slow pour from the powder scale pan, then a light tapping on the side of the case with a small plastic screwdriver handle to settle the powder. The charge comes about 2/3 of the way up the inside of the neck before I seat the bullet. I understand where you are comiong from though, because I have never been able to get Jack O'Connor's H4831/130-grain bullet powder charge into a .270 Win. case!!