New
Find
Notify
Tools

.375 RUM / 350 gr Barnes FMJ load data
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just came across a box (50) of Barnes 350 gr Round Nose FMJ's (#UT84003)

I have a Remington XCR chambered in .375 RUM. I had the barrel chopped down to 21"s... the powders that I have on hand are H4350, IMR4831,IMR 7828, IMR 4350, RL22, & RL19... in my experience, after chopping the barrel down I wasn't able to get very good groups with RL22 so I went with a little faster burning powder (IMR 4350) and experienced better results.

It seemed that the slower powders weren't burning properly in the short barrel and I was getting erratic groups.... I was loading 300 gr Barnes TSX's at the time, and want to try these 350 gr bullets for up close and personal encounters with the bears.

What do ya'll think would be a good powder to start with, in my situation? I can't find much load data on the .375 RUM and using old Barnes solids seems to be uncharted territory with this caliber.... any suggestions?

I just spoke to Ryan at Barnes and he suggested that I use Woodleigh load data if I can locate any, but I haven't been very successful yet!

- Clint

Posts: 35 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 22 March 2007Reply With Quote