New
Find
Notify
Tools

Load Data 270wsm
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking for some load data for 270wsm, Barnes 130 grn tsx, rl-19 or rl-22 powder.

Thanks in advance

Posts: 69 | Location: vacaville,ca | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My "go to" load for the 130 grain bullets is 68 grains of RL-22 with a Fed 210M primer. It is super accurate for me using Nosler Solid base, Barnes TSX and Sierra Gameking. Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I tried Magpro today with 130 grain Nosler Solidbase and got 3462 fps and a one inch group. I worked up to 74 grains and that is the end, I got a slightly cratered primer (Fed-210M) but no other high pressure signs and would not go any higher with my rifle. I will start tweaking now and see what happens. All I can say is that this 270 WSM something to behold. Good shooting.

phurley

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am curious...why are you using a regular primer when all my data for the wsm shows magnum primers?

I just loaded some laddered rounds in 130 tsx, rl-19 between 62-64 grains....

My Vanguard is such a particular gun...

My daughters 7mm-08 is a joy to shoot and load...Varget is the best powder for that rifle..

one of us
posted Hide Post
garyn ----- I use the Fed 210M primer for several loads that the books call for Magnum (for me that means Fed 215M) primers. The reason is accuracy. For instance with my .300 Winny, the Magnum primer called for gives me 1-2 inch groups and the 210M primer gives me one hole groups. The same thing with the .270 WSM, except I never tried the Magnum primer in it and my accuracy is what I want. Most books also say anything over 60 or so grains of powder use Magnum primers, for me that does not hold true. I use only the Federal primers since I worried myself to a frazzle with all the choices, then decided on the Federals because they were usually my most accurate and I have never had a hang fire. Good shooting.

phurley

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the insight. I will try the regular primers, have some, and see if they make a difference.

I am anxious to try the Barnes bullet, sort of shyed away until I started reading some other reports on accuracy, etc.