Find
Notify
Tools

First .348WCF/new Reloading bench
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted
Today, I reloaded my first .348WCF rounds for a friends rifle, at my new created loading bench clap. I used the Hornady 200grs FN and 57grs of IMR-4350. The Hornady book means, this would give the same velocity as the original Winchester factory load.

Martin

Posts: 824 | Location: Munich, Bavaria, thats near Germany | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Eeker The tusks on the wall are REALLY impressive Martin; did you shoot the beast?

P.S. According to Quickload 3.3, your load should be safe; you could even reach 59.5 gr with a slightly compressed load as max. Of course it's only a guess!

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You will like that load. The .348 Winchester is a well kept secret as it really is a smasher. Barnes and Hawk make 250 grain bullets for it, and Hawk also makes a 270 grain bullet. These heavier bullets will put down any animal you're brave enough to point a lever rifle at...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also am a big fan of the mighty 348. My Browning will keep 3 Barnes 250gr inside 2†at 100 yds with Varget and it hits like a train when it gets there.

“I am an American; free born and free bred, where I acknowledge no man as my superior,
except for his own worth, or as my inferior, except for his own demerit.”
Theodore Roosevelt (1858 – 1919)

Posts: 240 | Location: texas | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted Hide Post
The friend shoots the old 200grs silvertip and I mean the 200grs hornady will do the same job on European wild boar.

quote:
The tusks on the wall are REALLY impressive Martin; did you shoot the beast?

No, I get the tusks as young boy, as present from my dad´s formaly boss. He have a farm in Namibia.

Posts: 824 | Location: Munich, Bavaria, thats near Germany | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had Mr. Ackley take mine out to "improved" and have used "starting load data" {I said STARTING LOADS and in my gun] for the .358 Norma Magnum without trouble or even interesting pressure. "Death and destruction." You decided which end is which (ha, ha). luck.

One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted Hide Post
Yesterday, I tested the load with grand success. I shoot a 1" three-round group at 50m with an Doctor sight mounted at the Browning M71. The fourth was an flyer. The fifth was fired by my friend.
Now,I will reload the 80 pices of brass and than he can take it to wild boar hunting. dancing

Martin