Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Silver Tip Bullets
 Login/Join

posted
I am looking for silver tips, the old cap style in the 30 cal, 7 mm, .270, and .243.

Posts: 6 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
<KING>
posted
Remington may still make the Bronze points, but I haven't seen them in a long time. Try any of the plastic tip bullets as they are very good. Sorry I can't help you with a source with the silvertips. Try contacting Winchester?

one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
I`m pretty sure Winchester quit makeing the old Silvertip when they started offering the new "Balistic" Silvertip. I would check at the gun shows in your area and see if someone has a few left from old stock.
Sorry, Joe

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I tried to e-mail you Mel, but your spam blocker headed me off at the pass... [Confused] ...I think I might be able to help you out to a small extent. I don't have a lifetime supply by any means, but I do have some in .30 and .270. Check your 'Suspect' stuff in your e-mail box.

Posts: 5854 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can still buy Silvertips in bulk from some of the warehouses like Widners etc. I bought 500 .270s a year ago and I still see them adverised in varius calibers. they are the old style Silvertips....

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have some 30-06 220 gr Bullets to sell.

Tblauwkamp@superior-sales.com

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Johnny B>
posted
I found some Winchester sliver tips in .270 cal. about a year ago at Lock Stock & Barrel; They were only $9/100, I bought 200 and found they shoot very accurate using H4831sc. I would check with them.

posted Hide Post
Anyone have some 100 gr. Silvertips in .257" that I could use for my .250 Savage? I would like to pick up enough for maybe 25 - 50 rounds.

Terry

Posts: 19 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 25 July 2003Reply With Quote