Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which reloading kit?
 Login/Join

posted
I'm a newbie planning to start reloading.
I'm trying to decide between the RCBS RC Supreme Master Reloading Kit and Hornady;s Lock-N-Load Kit. Any recommendations would be gratly appreciated!

Posts: 7 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 13 March 2003Reply With Quote
<reload>
posted
RCBS, lifetime warranty and they stand by it! Great Company

one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree... get an RCBS Partner Press kit. That's how I started out.

Ruger#1

Posts: 294 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 09 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
RCBS Rock Chucker Master Reloading Kit and the RCBS Accessory Kit.

Right now they are cheap...liquidation...

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback. RCBS it is. Should I stick to their dies too?

Posts: 7 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 13 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RCBS makes good dies. I have the majority of their dies. I have been impressed with Hornady's pistol die set for the 480 Ruger I have been using. My next set is the Redding. My local dealer says they are to higher tolerences. I don't like the Lee dies adjustment.

Just my 2 cents

Hcliff

Posts: 305 | Location: Green Bay, WI | Registered: 09 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would go with Redding. While much of my equipment is RCBS the extra money for the Redding dies is worthwhile.

Posts: 36 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you asked the question, 'cause I was just getting ready to ask it. I looked at the Hornady "lock-n-load" system. Looks like it would work well for a guy like me that wants to load 4 or 5 different rounds and doesn't want to mess with constantly screwing in the dies. Any thoughts on the Lock-N-Load, their sight says they can sell a conversion to use it on other presses. Maybe a rockchucker with a LNL? Or is my mind suffering from too much vibration?
Helicopter Bill

Posts: 83 | Location: Mascoutah, IL | Registered: 02 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Redding "Big" Boss Pro Reloading kit, has everything you'll need, including the 3BR powder measurer, powder trickler, their #2 scale, and trimmer. Price I believe is about $370. But make sure it's the Big Boss, and not the Boss. There's a difference.
Try Lock, Stock, & Barrel.

Phil

[ 03-16-2003, 11:13: Message edited by: Greyghost ]

Posts: 1466 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote