Find
Notify
Tools

Tumbling with jewelery plastic media
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted
About half year ago, I switched from corn or nut tumbling media to jewelery plastic media, used mostly for fine polishing silver, brass etc.

I did it because I didn't like pieces of corn or nuts "electrostaticaly sticked" inside of cases, flash holes etc.

Plastic media: http://www.otec.de/en/products...tic-polishing-chips/

It is used with "polishing paste" P10: http://www.otec.de/en/products...ng/polishing-pastes/

The good thing is, if it get dirty, you can wash it in water with dish-washing soap, rinse with water, dry and use again and again. You just have to add a very little (max. one "flat" tea spoon) of polishing paste, which is sold in 1 kg packages (enough for the rest of my life).

Only drawback is sometimes 3 "disks" get stuck in primer pocket, but you can easy remove it and there is no electrostatics.

Result is incredible polished brass.

Jiri

Dirty vs. washed media:

Posts: 2100 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I used plastic media before but it was extruded 30% Gf Nylon

It required no additives but would get inside the bottleneck cases and was a MFr the get out

I went back to CC and car wax

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
I have no problems with sticking this media in bottlenecked cases I reload (.375 H&H and 8x57JS).

Maybe it can be the case with something like .223 Remington, maybe .243 Win.

Jiri

Posts: 2100 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote