New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone use Xtreme plated bullets?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone here have experience with Xtreme plated bullets?. I've never used plated bullets nor cast bullets. I'd like to try the plated 165 grain flat point bullets in 40 S&W for practice and training exercises.

**************************The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.

Posts: 282 | Location: South West Wisconsin | Registered: 27 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ive ordered and used their regular cast bullets. They are well made and accurate , good people to deal with. Other guy at my range uses their plated bullets. Prices are good too

Posts: 1845 | Registered: 01 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
never used theirs but i sure have sent a few thousand plated bullets downrange. they work just fine, even in a subgun

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used both Rainier and Berry plated bullets in the .40 SW and have been very happy with them. I've followed their instructions and reduced the published load data for jacketed bullets by 10%

If the enemy is in range, so are you. - Infantry manual

Posts: 494 | Location: The drizzle capitol of the USA | Registered: 11 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks a bunch guys!! Smiler

**************************The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.

Posts: 282 | Location: South West Wisconsin | Registered: 27 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
one note - do not roll crimp a plated bullet. the crimp will cut thru the plating

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote