Find
Notify
Tools

270 WSM question
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bc300winguy
posted
Just question from a guy who knows very little about reloading. Does 270 WSM hold as much powder as the 300 WSM????

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cases are bascially the same but since the 270 has a thinner neck the technical answer is the 270 can not hold as much. But the common sense answer is they hold the same because the bullets would be taking up most, if not all the neck space.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bc300winguy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Snowwolfe, I was just interested. I would then think the comments I've read that the 270 WSM does not out perform a 270 are just people who don't like new cal.s.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bc300winguy:
Thanks Snowwolfe, I was just interested. I would then think the comments I've read that the 270 WSM does not out perform a 270 are just people who don't like new cal.s.

That pretty much sums it up regarding the WSM's. What is not to like about a 140gr Accubond at 3260fps?

I have stated ever since the intro of the WSM's that if you are in the market for a magnum, then it's hard to look past one of the WSM's, but if you own a good magnum currently, there's little reason to replace it.

What the American public doesn't know is what makes them the American public.

Posts: 94 | Location: Southern Oregon | Registered: 30 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For me, the advantage of the 270 WSM or 300 WSM is they can be built on lighter, shorter actions than comparable rounds with the same "power".
When I was considering building a light rifle weighed both a Win70 30-06 and 300 WSM barreled actions and the 300WSM was almost 5 ounces lighter.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bc300winguy
posted Hide Post
Cool guys great info. Very interesting stuff. I've tried to ask questions about my 270 WSM in medium bore and been met with alot of negative comments about my intelligence for buying one. My experience is it's my death ray in the field. I love it. I have noted the recoil seems higher than my 300 WM which makes sense with what I've learned. Thanks Cool