New
Find
Notify
Tools

Price of 22s
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My Dad bought a quite a few WW 22 hollow points more than 50 years ago. We had a herd of 500 round boxes with 10, 50 round yellow boxes inside. Well my Dad, me and my son finally have shot almost all of them, maybe 200 rounds left. My local Wally World had a limited run of WW in the yellow box of the same 40 grain load I have used all my life.

So I bought my fist 22s ever. They were $40 for 300. Is this the going rate??? Or was I just a sucker?

One of Us
Picture of IKE
posted Hide Post
When you can find it seems like between 8¢ and 10¢ per round is the new normal around here for 22LR.

Luckily I had several thousand on hand before all the madness started but I honestly can't remember when the last time was that I shot any .22LR.

Posts: 230 | Location: Central Oklahoma | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A month ago, I was in a rifle shop that had a brick of CCI standard velocity for $99. Sheesh...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14632 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In Sweden 48$ for 500 cci standard velocity.

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When "supply chain" and quasi-political influences settle down ordinary .22 LR ammunition will probably have an MSRP of around $5 per 50-round box. As with any commodity, when supplies reach a normal level you can expect to see that discounted to $3.50-$4.00 per 50. Could go lower if metal prices should drop, which could very well happen in the next 18 months or so.

Posts: 13247 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
it'll be 18 months or so before anything settles down from high prices being needed to keep stuff on the shelf for more than 1-2 hrs.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for just buying one box. We'll be back to normal when people purchase like normal. People cause inflation, just refuse to buy now.

Posts: 457 | Location: NW Nebraska | Registered: 07 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
You're right there, Slim. The problem with the panic buying + what really pisses me off were the guys (+gals+ relatives) who were going into wal-mart @ 7 in the AM + buying up everything for $25-$30 a brick, then going to the gun shows + wanting to sell them for $100.00, just screwing their fellow shooters.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
You're right there, Slim. The problem with the panic buying + what really pisses me off were the guys (+gals+ relatives) who were going into wal-mart @ 7 in the AM + buying up everything for $25-$30 a brick, then going to the gun shows + wanting to sell them for $100.00, just screwing their fellow shooters.

Yah. I did not buy the $100 brick of CCI standard, did buy some Midas+ from AR Classifieds...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Posts: 14632 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought 3 500 round boxes of WW (1250 fps) HP bullets, another box of 500 Federals HV Hps about 20 years ago, still have more than I will ever shoot I suspect but I do have a couple nice 22s..So Im good I suspect..Both of my guns shoot the WW stuff better than anything else Ive tried..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep. We have a panic buyer customer who admits to having over 50,000 rds of .22's at home!

quote:

Posts: 3788 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What are the three position leagues doing for ammo this winter?

Are they weighing, sizing, and shooting Remington Golden Bullets in their matches? Who pays $3500/5000 ELEY or Lapua for informal matches?

What do kids shoot for fun nowadays?

Posts: 659 | Location: "The Muck", NJ | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Minkman:
What are the three position leagues doing for ammo this winter?

Are they weighing, sizing, and shooting Remington Golden Bullets in their matches? Who pays $3500/5000 ELEY or Lapua for informal matches?

What do kids shoot for fun nowadays?

CCI Standard, SK Standard, Wolf Match at the informal rimfire benchrest shoots. They are all better than they used to be.

TomP

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Rent-seeking scalpers. Piss on them.