New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sierra bullets tour!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just got back from a tour of the Sierra bullet factory in Sedalia, MO. and what a neat place to tour. Me and a few other friends from the Missouri Whitetails .com website got together for the tour and its well worth your time if your ever in the area. Luckily for me its only a hundred miles from the house and even though I've been to Sedalia several times I'd never stopped in for a look. Talk about churning out the bullets, its quite the process to see them take an 80lb. cylindrical shaped chunk of lead and then draw it through a press and have it come out in 4 small round strands, sorta like spahgetti noodles. And their jacket process is quite interesting as well. Think he said they make somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 thousand bullets per day and they cant keep up with the demand. I think he said they had 43 million bullets sitting there in metal drums waiting to be boxed and shipped. Anyway, just thought I'd share this with you all and like I said, if you ever get the chance to go, do it!!

Posts: 314 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: 08 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Send me a Drum !!.

I was able to tour their facility Many years ago in Santa Fe Springs .

I'm sure things have changed a bunch . Get any samples ?. They gave me samples back then .

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sound interesting.

I made a business trip to Portland a couple of years ago and thought I might tour the Leupold factory while I was there. They replied to my email that they do not offer factory tours. What a disappointment.

Posts: 13247 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No free samples but they do have an outlet store and I ended up buying 12 pounds of various bullets.

Posts: 314 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: 08 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
My wife and I went in 2002. We have never met a more friendly and professional group of people.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
quote:
43 million bullets sitting there in metal drums waiting to be boxed and ship

Now that would get me thru a varmint season or two...

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote