Login/Join

one of us
posted
Forster lock rings are the stuff !

Travis F.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I have RCBS, Forster and Redding dies that I use all the time and I've put Hornady lock rings on all of them. I use the Forster ultra benchreast seating dies and have to look for runout with a dial indicator.

Where can you buy the Hornady's? I've been using the Forsters, but prefer the Hornady ring because it already has the 'flats' on the side where your wrench can get hold. I always end up filing them on my Forster rings. Mid-south shooter supply just told me yesterday that they can't ship any items to you unless you have an FFL. I have a small business but that's not good enough for them anymore due to some gov't. tax requirement or something, they said. (they used to stock the Hornady's)

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I put an O ring on my dies between lock ring and press. Also use an O ring to hold shellholder so it floats.

Posts: 472 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:
" Mid-south shooter supply just told me yesterday that they can't ship any items to you unless you have an FFL...but that's not good enough for them anymore due to some gov't. tax requirement or something, they said. < !--color-->"
WHAT??? Is this just a California thing, or the herald of the demise of Mid-South? I can't imagine a mail-order house like them requiring an FFL. Can anyone elaborate?

Posts: 353 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 22 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob338
posted Hide Post
The Lyman rings may be the best of the bunch. You can get them from Lyman @ $2.50, or you can buy the Forsters from Graf & Son. Forsters are aluminum, Lyman are steel, like the Hornady's but without the flats on them. All are the same thickness.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Placerville, CA, US of A | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote