Find
Notify
Tools

Triebel dies - Made in Germany
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted
Curious, has anyone ever tried these German made dies?

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Quality is exceptional, arguably the very best. But then, prices are also intimidating.

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a Mercedes Benz. Big Grin

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andre Mertens:
Quality is exceptional, arguably the very best. But then, prices are also intimidating.

Yes, I know the price is a bit over the top - but then again, ridiculous prices are charged in Europe even for standard (e.g. RCBS) reloading kit, so I guess that establishes a base from which to start pricing your merchandise... Eeker

When you (and other European reloaders) indicate that Triebel makes an "exceptional" product, what exactly makes them stand out in comparison to US products, say??

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
popcorn

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess these dies are not so good they make it to the US very often. I have played with a lot of dies and watched many more on Ebay. This is the first I have ever seen of them in about 40 years of hand loading.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
I know a precision shooter who swears by Triebel and who orders their custom dies reamed according to his chamber cast. He also states that, apart from their luxury finish, "round" and "straight" are no approximate terms with Triebel. Bullet runout is minimal and the man told me he no longer uses his Wilson hand dies as Triebel does as well and faster (press).

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR4759:
I guess these dies are not so good they make it to the US very often. I have played with a lot of dies and watched many more on Ebay. This is the first I have ever seen of them in about 40 years of hand loading.

I think Triebel is pretty happy with what they make and they don't need to ship here.

http://www.triebel-guntools.de/en/products/

VFW

Posts: 1098 | Location: usa | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know a precision shooter who swears by Triebel and who orders their custom dies reamed according to his chamber cast. He also states that, apart from their luxury finish, "round" and "straight" are no approximate terms with Triebel. Bullet runout is minimal and the man told me he no longer uses his Wilson hand dies as Triebel does as well and faster (press).

Thanks Andre. I can certainly appreciate the attraction of having dies made to match your chamber. I have had this done on several occasions - although from "lowly" US manufacturer Hornady - and have enjoyed the results very much.

I guess I'll have to try one of these dies in the future. Thus far, I have been scared off by the price tag... Frowner

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where do you find pricing and total cost to the U.S.A.?

Posts: 1096 | Location: UNITED STATES of AMERTCA | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am currently using a set in 8,5x63 R Reb loaned by a friend. The perceived quality of manufacturing, design and the weight are indeed impressive, so far I have only formed the cases from 7x65 R brass.

I did however buy a set of used LEE dies in the same caliber for about 1/4 of the Triebel price because I am a tacky Suebian...

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am sure that is the story that a Triebel user would have to use. The problem is with things made on a lathe almost any bone head that pays attention to what he is doing can make things straight.
So far as I know the largest most talented group of precision shooters are in the US and when Wilson or Jones is not good enough they make their own.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Triebel : Typical German precision, often over engineered, very precise and very very costly ! Way to costly for shooters of modest means.

Their chamber reamers are of equal quality and equally expensive ! For years a standard in our part of the world !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Needed a ID neck reamer for my 20VT cases formed from 17FB.
Triebel was one of the few companies that will provide small straight reamers in .001mm stock sizes.
cost me to import to OZ .
6 day turnaround on delivery
but a 6 flute 20 cal neck ID reamer of exceptional quality.

Posts: 493 | Registered: 01 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR4759:
quote:

I am sure that is the story that a Triebel user would have to use. The problem is with things made on a lathe almost any bone head that pays attention to what he is doing can make things straight.
So far as I know the largest most talented group of precision shooters are in the US and when Wilson or Jones is not good enough they make their own.

Wilson makes die blanks. Gunsmith used his chamber reamer to make me a Wilson neck and seater for my 35 WhelenAI and he do one for my 270Wby.

Here another company that furnish die blanks
http://newlonprecision.com/

VFW

Posts: 1098 | Location: usa | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote