New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ken Howell's new book
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A while ago, Ken Howell annonced the release of his Powell book. He promised to send details in January to those interested if they send him their mail address.

Did you receive an answer yet ? I did not.

I am a Powell admirer and wonder How well this book will be written.

Posts: 367 | Location: former western part of Berlin, Germany | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
I'm still anxiously awaiting word from Dr. Howell, too.

Based on online stuff Ken's written (including book excerpts he's put up from time to time), I think it will be very well done.

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I talked to him a month ago he was finishing up
the book and doing the final proofs.He may get it printed
by spring.His health has him slowed down, but he keeps
plugging away.Ed.

Posts: 27742 | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have a email address for him?

Posts: 2281 | Location: Layton, UT USA | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
First I wanted to advise you the search function of this site, but I remember that I tried it a while ago with this name and had no success.

I went to 24hrsCampfire where he is one of the main pillars, but I found searching a bit too tedious.

Next, I grabbed my rolodex, and, wonder oh wonder, as Mr. Howell's name starts with a "Dr,", I found his address next to yours:

kenhowell1931@ earthlink.net

P.S.: I assume 1931 is the year of his birth, that means 2000-1931+4=73

Posts: 367 | Location: former western part of Berlin, Germany | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
oh, shicolade - I have so many problems with this new format of AR - either me, or my computer, or AR needs inspection !

See next post, please

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thnak you! When he put out the word that the new book would soon be available, I put off sending him an inquiry. In fact, I put it off so long that I couldn't find his post.

Posts: 2281 | Location: Layton, UT USA | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, Ken Hovell has health problems again.
Here' what he writes on an other site:

"Lately, I'm having trouble just BREATHING, so this usually taken-for-granted operation has been occupying my constant attention. Still plan to send the promised announcement and order form soon, to all from whom I've gotten e-mail inquiries. Thanks for your patience. I don't plan to offer anything to anybody unless I feel pretty sure I'll be able to deliver it."

I hope he will recover soon and continous his work on his several books and on his Powell Center.

one of us
Picture of scw
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Unfortunately, Ken Hovell has health problems again.
Here' what he writes on an other site:

"Lately, I'm having trouble just BREATHING, so this usually taken-for-granted operation has been occupying my constant attention. Still plan to send the promised announcement and order form soon, to all from whom I've gotten e-mail inquiries. Thanks for your patience. I don't plan to offer anything to anybody unless I feel pretty sure I'll be able to deliver it."

I hope he will recover soon and continous his work on his several books and on his Powell Center.

I am very sorry to hear that. Ken came down to my place a few years ago and did a little coyote hunting after he started feeling better after his stroke. VERY nice, knowledgeble man. I was up a few miles from his house last summer and just never made the time to go see him. Shame on me, I hope I have another chance.

Posts: 281 | Location: Utah | Registered: 24 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
Well, I'll pray for Ken's health.

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote