New
Find
Notify
Tools

375 H&H 260 Gr. Ballistic Tips
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone have any load data for Noslers new ballistic tips? I'm going black bear hunting this fall and am thinking of using these bullets. I know this is not the best choice of calibers for this type of hunting but I enjoy hunting with this rifle. I have taken numerous deer and hogs using 300 gr Hornady bullets but am thinking the Noslers will give me the trajectory I need to let me shoot out to 300 yrds if the opportunity presents itself.

I've hunted this area before and killed two bears using an 8mm Mag. with 200 gr. speer bullets. Both were approximately 300 yards.

Posts: 125 | Location: Coalgate, Oklahoma | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
cfore, I can't help you with the balistic tips but I have had some good results on large plains game with the Nosler Partition in 260 grain. I found it to be very accurate; consistant 5 shot groups of less than an inch.

WW case
RL 15
73.5 grains
Fed 215 primer
chonographed at 2740 fps

This was not a max load in my gun, rather I loaded it to acheive 2750 fps with good accuracy. For Black bear, I would think the partitions might server you a little better.

You might also use the search feature on this forum, as I recall the 260 gr noslers have received some recent attention.

Best of luck.

Posts: 80 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: 13 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted Hide Post
I've loaded some for my friend's M70 375 H&H. RL15 and Hodgdon Varget proved to be very accurate, around 1.25" @ 100 yards with 5 shots. It looks to be a pretty good bullet for non-dangerous game taken at longer distances. In a bullet test, it retained 90% of it's weight, and expanded quite well. He is going to use this bullet this spring for black bear, then for elk next fall.

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote