New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: IMR 4350 and its new Packaging
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've been saving the empty metal IMR cans because I had a feeling the packaging would be changing.

I like the IMR cans most for the most efficient shelf space.

Posts: 426 | Location: Alpine, WY | Registered: 01 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
I like the Plastic bottles better because you can get a scoop out of them w/ Lee Dippers. W/ those dang IMR cans I have to pour a bunch out in a plastic container and then funnel it back into the can when I am through. I usually save my Hogdon bottles and pour my IMR powders into them (after changing the label of course).

Good Luck!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Just curious: any 8 lb IMR kegs? That would be a benefit of the new packaging.... FWIW, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dutch,

this was just in the one pound bottles.

I have been stocking up on some IMR 8 pound cannisters myself from Sportsman's Warehouse every time I go up north from here.

cheers
seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Right you are Pedro.That whole fat cartridge thing was change just for the sake of change.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto Reloder's comment. I like the wide mouth of the Hodgdon powders for easier dipping. They do take up more shelf space, though.

I find exactly the opposite with the shotgun powders, though. The incorporated spout on 700X makes it easier (than the Clays powders I use for 20 and 28ga) to funnel into the MEC powder bottle without spilling.

Steve

Posts: 1725 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote