New
Find
Notify
Tools

Low Observable cartridge case ??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What is the green color on the LO brass cases from TTI Armory? Can an average reloader do something similar?

I have been told liver of sulphur might work but have no idea what that is. Moly was also suggested. Would moly increase the thrust on the bolt?

I was told there was a metalurgist on this site that might know about coloring brass cartridges cases. Thanks in advance for any help.

Posts: 285 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 01 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some years ago I tried liver of sulfur without success. I suspect that a better prepared case would have taken the stain better, but the odor of the concoction deteriorated my enthusiasm for the project before I experienced success.
The local pharmicist had it in stock.
Cheers from Gray's Bankrupt California,
Ross

[ 06-17-2003, 02:24: Message edited by: Ross ]

Posts: 159 | Location: Oroville,California,U.S.A. | Registered: 14 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What does Remington use on some of their Turkey and Waterfowl shells to "blacken" the brass.?

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ross:
Some years ago I tried liver of sulfur without success. I suspect that a better prepared case would have taken the stain better, but the odor of the concoction deteriorated my enthusiasm for the project before I experienced success.
The local pharmicist had it in stock.
Cheers from Gray's Bankrupt California,
Ross

Ross, would a bath in the dishwasher possibly prepare the brass for the stain?

N E 450 No2, I will call Remington and ask but I would not be surprised if they will not say. TTI Armory is closed-mouthed as to the process to color their .308 and .300 WM cases.

Posts: 285 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 01 June 2003Reply With Quote