THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Integration of area under a thin film gauge tracing.

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Integration of area under a thin film gauge tracing.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another way is to cut the curve out and weigh it. Bolck off the paper around the figure, weigh,cut, and weigh again. Simple, and accurate.
Good Luck!

Posts: 1028 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can view the data in a PT trace file and, if desired, import it into a spreadsheet where it is easy to tabulate.

You also would have to include the push the bullet continues to receive AFTER it exits the muzzle.

You would also have to know when the bullet exits the barrel. I have reason to believe the PT exit time is not reliable.

You also would have to account for friction and heat losses. I don't think they would be significant, but I could be wrong.

It's an interesting concept. Thanks for reminding me.

Posts: 1095 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote