THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Where can I find reloading data for LT-32 in .22-250?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where can I find reloading data for LT-32 in .22-250?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Where can I find reloading data for LT-32 in .22-250?

Tried the website and got nowhere. I hesitate to ask for reloads for obvious reasons but need some help/direction. A friend said 36.5 to 37.5 but I'm old school and skeptical.

TNX Mike

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1056 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rapidrob
posted Hide Post
This powder is slightly faster than their A-2200 powder. It is a fast burning powder for the .22-250 and was made for the 7.62x39 type cartridges.
With a 40 grain bullet and 34.5 grains of this powder you will get close to 4,000 FPS But I would start a 2 grains down and work up.
Accuracy is very good but watch for pressure signs.
This is not my go-to powder for this cartridge as it is a fast burning powder but the grain size makes for easy loading, measuring and is easy to ignite.
I have not checked this powder for sensitivity to heat.
Rob Summerhill

Gulf of Tonkin Yacht Club
NRA Endowment Member
President NM MILSURPS

Posts: 444 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: 28 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Rapidrob. LT-32 has been the rage with the precision shooters of late, but you know, they will flock to anything new that MAY give an 0.001" improvement. What is your go-to powder for .22-250?

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1056 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote