THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Re: Anyone have experience with Browing BAR Stalker?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Anyone have experience with Browing BAR Stalker?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 41rem
posted
Well, I'll chime in with what I know. I sighted in one in 300 Win Mag in September. It was a snap, used Federal 180 gr. ammo, adjusted the compensator to the correct mark, and triggered 1.5 moa 3 shot groups with the scope on 9X. Put it 2" high @ 100 yards, and it has taken 4 deer so far(2 mulies, 2 whitetail) Our Elk hunting this year was all blackpowder or I'm sure it whould have laid them low as well. IMHO a great autoloading hunting rifle, also the recoil in the 300 Mag is less than my 270 bolt gun....41

Posts: 54 | Location: Hurricane Ridge, Wa. | Registered: 03 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking of a synthetic auto for our crappy Wis weather and whitetail. Have been looking at the stalker. Really like the stats on the .308 but it looks like a short length of pull. Now looking at the 30-06. Anyone have any experience with accuracy on either of these two or have any comments.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey, Kraky, I just happen to have one in 270 that is as new if you are interested. I got it in a trade and the price is right.

Posts: 231 | Location: Abbotsford, Wis. | Registered: 31 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
By the way Kraky, Kramer told me that Ruger you won is the 2nd one that you won there. Some guys have all the luck

Posts: 231 | Location: Abbotsford, Wis. | Registered: 31 December 2003Reply With Quote