New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cannot believe what I found yesterday
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Went into Cabala's at LaVista, NE yesterday to check the powder supply.
Fair inventory, but the surprise was NORMA MRP sitting there begging to be bought. Bought it all, 3#
I haven't seen MRP for years, been hoarding my last # for the .276 Dubiel which loves it.

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Norma makes some of the best powders in the world. Had used N204 in my .270Win and N201 in my .222Rem long ago when you could still find it. Very accurate and consistent.

One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
If you want some more, the Cabela's in Ohio has a bunch of it.

A couple of daya ago they also had two 8 lb. containers of IMR 3031 and an 8 lb. container of IMR 4350.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Isn't NORMA MRP the same as RELOADER 22?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67417 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Isn't NORMA MRP the same as RELOADER 22?

I have been told that, but my .276 Dubiel doesn't think so, but could be lot variation.

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
They're close, but no cigar. MRP is similar to RL 22, 217 (replaced MRP-2) which was similar to RL 25.

I'd like to say the Reloaders are just an hair slower than the Norma equivalents. If you start midstream just work up a load without hesitation, bottom line is you need to start below max from the RL data.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1433 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reloader270:
Norma makes some of the best powders in the world.

Norma doesn't make any powders. Norma-labeled powders are made by Bofors, which also makes several of the Alliant RL line. Bofors powders (whether Norma or Alliant) are infamous for greater lot-to-lot variations than canister powders from most suppliers. That's not to say they are not excellent powders, just to say that every lot is a rule unto itself as to relative burning rate and charges often must be adjusted significantly when changing lots.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 900 SS
posted Hide Post
I disagree about Norma powders having significant lot variation. Over here they are known for the opposite.

We can also buy another, similar, series of Norma powders for competitive shooting. This N series have more variation, half the price and reloading data printed on the box. Great stuff.

Posts: 408 | Location: Bardu, Norway | Registered: 25 August 2007Reply With Quote