Find
Notify
Tools

Need info on zeroing Pact electronic scale
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of milanuk
posted
Aaiiieee! Go figure! I dusted off the Pact electronic powder scale from the shelf, powered it up, and it's needing the zero calibrated... unfortunately, I can't find the d@mn destruction pamphlet. I know it's simple, and takes a couple seconds and about all of a paragraph in the manual, so if someone who has one of these babies ( the large grey scale that is used w/ the electronic powder dispenser, or the green RCBS equivalent ) would be so kind as to jog my memory, I'd appreciate it.

TIA,

Monte

Posts: 341 | Location: Wenatchee, WA | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Call the Pact 800-number and they will walk you thru the process.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of milanuk
posted Hide Post
I was kind of hoping for some information tonite... Wonders of the Internet and all... especially since Pact still doesn't have any useful support information other than phone numbers on their web page.

Monte

Posts: 341 | Location: Wenatchee, WA | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't have one but thought I'd offer a few suggestions.

Often scales will use "soft keys" where multiple functions take place using the same key with shifts, etc. You may hit the tare or on keys and hold down on them to see if you can start the calibration.

Also, it it comes on and you can get it to read 0.00 you could maybe calibrate it yourself with various bullets. It wouldn't be terribly exact but you'd know if you were in the ball park.

Sorry, but that's all that comes to mind for me.

Reed

Posts: 649 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 29 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1)Press the ZERO button with the scale pan off of it.

2)Press the CAL/MENU button, it flashes calibrate, print or trickle depending on how many times you push the button.

3)Press the YES button when it flashes calibrate.

4)Press CALIBRATE when it says "0" with nothing on the scale.

5)Press CALIBRATE when it says "20" with the 20gram wt on it.

6)Press CALIBRATE when it says "50" with the 50gram wt on it.

7)Press CALIBRATE when it says "70" with the 70grams wt on it.

8)Press CALIBRATE when it says "0" with nothing on it.

You're done... [Smile]

Posts: 913 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of milanuk
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Thats what I was looking for. I think I'm going to cut-n-paste that to a new document, print it out, and staple it to the wall of my reloading room!

Thanks again,

Monte

one of us
posted Hide Post
No sweat. Another point I'd make, is that the 20 gram check wt of mine weighs 308.6 grains when calibrated. I calibrate it when I turn it on, set the 308.6gr wt on it and wait until it stops drifting up and stabilizes usually at about 309.2 or something, now it's warm, then recalibrate and use. Calibration takes 30 seconds, so it isn't much trouble.

I use this periodically to check if the scale is drifting, usually if it does it drift to 308.7-9 range. This is usually only a problem if you don't let the scale warm up for 20-30 minutes before calibrating it.

Need anything else just drop me a line. [Smile]

Posts: 913 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob338
posted Hide Post
You can do the same thing with the pan. Mine weighs 120.4g and works as a check weight also.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Placerville, CA, US of A | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Brent,You're right,The scale really needs to be on for five or so min. to warm/wake up.Bob,my pan reads 119.5-.4 anything different and I know it needs a new battery.Kind of pissed me off when I got an error message that the manual said to call pact to "fix",,then when I called from work and they said they to call back when I had the scale with new battery installed sitting in front of me.But they were courteous about it,and when I called back,the walk through took 5 min. and I was back in business.All in all,I love my pact scale.

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote