Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

7.7 Jap
 Login/Join

posted
has anyone reloaded for a 7.7 jap? if so, i would like some input on the load you used (powder, bullet dia., etc..). when i reload mine, i come across a couple of problems. ill group the first 2 shots close and then the 3rd will be off several inches (factory ammo does this as well but didnt use to). also, after the shot, the primers back out of the pocket a bit. ive had the head space checked out and is ok. im using norma brass, h4350, and a sierra 303 cal bullet (the closest dia. bullet)

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
FrownerThe possibilities are quite numerous. holycow It might be as simple as clean barrel vs. dirty barrel or too much oil in the barrel or on and on. boohooroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Double check your scope bases. I'd bet money one's loose. That needs to be the first thing you look at when groups start going awry after previously sooting well. Hope you get it figured out!
Jeremy

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths."

Posts: 411 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: 10 September 2007Reply With Quote