THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Who makes the best Magnum rifle dies?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
JCN, I like the three p's myself. Just got a new Sako 75 Finnlight in 270 WSM, waiting on the McMillan stock....always another p out there!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am in the same boat...I like rifles and I also like reloading gear and components

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have Forster, Redding, RCBS, Lyman, Wilson, Lee, and some brands of dies they don't make anymore.

Generally, I like Lee for pistols, cause I am a lousy shot anyway.
I like Forster for rifles, becuase I am obsessed with accuracy [aren't we all?].

The odd thing is how I can load ammo with plain Jane RCBS and get great groups.
I think they are good enough for hunting magnums that kick like a mule, but not for benchrest 6mmppc.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the three set dies complanies are the least important, and many have been meantioned. rcbs makes an inside neck turner that will be of great help in accuracy, and then a wilson seater die adjusted properly will give you your accuracy.. check the finished bullets with a bullet spinner with dial indicater and use the bullets with .001 out of round and less for best accuracy.. if you crimp make sure to trim to lenght each time you load... my opinion only.. ive know guys to do no fancy stuff at all and shoot elk farther than i can see, so to each his own.. powder selection seems to be the most important advantage in reloading for particular guns.. that and dont sell the good shooters.. cant count the number of people ive talked to that sold "that gun"... magazine hype, new fancy calibers has a downside. dave..

Posts: 249 | Location: central montana | Registered: 17 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hauptjager
posted Hide Post
So true abot not selling the gun Dave. I have regretted every one I have sold. I think my next question will be about power for the 375 H&H. I have no idea what Ill get.

Posts: 153 | Location: Hilo, Hawaii | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote