New
Find
Notify
Tools

lapua brass
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
just an intresting note ...i recentley started useing lapua brass in my 06 and so far have reloaded this one case 37 times primer pockets are tight and case appears still in good shape
daniel

Posts: 1480 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have you measured case capacity and compared to other brands such as Winchester, Federal and Norma? I am curious of the results if you have.

Posts: 354 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ED
yes , i have compared several brands federal nikkel plated brass, winchester , lake city brass and lapua . the winchester lapua and lake city brass is nearly the same in weight and case capacity but the quality of the lapua brass appears appears so far to be far superior to any other brand i have tested ...i guess after 37 shots with pretty stiff loads with 200 gn noslers going at 2700 fps one would expect the primer pockets loosen up but they are still very tight
daniel

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ed
sent you a private message also
daniel

one of us
posted Hide Post
Must be a lot of work shooting with just one case! Why don't you buy more of those so you can shoot a bunch at one time? Seriously though, thanks for sharing your experience. I havn't tried the Lapua yet, but will when I get tired of wringing out what I can out of my Fed GM's and Black Hills stuff.

Posts: 207 | Location: Sacramento, CA, USA | Registered: 15 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
SAVAGE SHOOTER
the onley reason why i was shooting one case was
to see how long it lasts with some pretty stiff loads as when i work up loads i get one new case and load it ten times and if after ten shots the primer pockets are still tight i go up anothr grain and repeat the process with a new case....dont worry i bought 700 cases so im not running short
regards daniel

one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe Lapua to be the best brass on the market, with RWS giving it a run for the money...

Posts: 41997 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray-

I wish that Lapua would make 9.3x64 brass.

I remember you mentioning the Hornebear (sp?)
9.3x64 brass at Huntington's. How does it compare
to the RWS 9.3x64?

Thanks, Bob

Posts: 120 | Location: El Dorado, Arkansas, USA | Registered: 06 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of muskrat
posted Hide Post
i have used several different calibers of the lapua brass and have found it to be the most consistant brass i have ever used! from the 220 russian to the 338 lapua and most of them in between.i just hope they come out with the ultra mag series now that they are making 300 win mag.it cost a little more but saves you if you weigh and check the brass for thickness .
also does anyone have a accurate load for the 7 mm ultra mag with the sierra 168 gr bthp match bullet?
thanks
muskrat

Posts: 287 | Location: central ohio | Registered: 05 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Daniel

I've just bought 75 243 lapua cases that I hope to neck up to 7mm for my 7mm-08,if this works i'll let you know how they go.

Its hard to tell by just looking but the lapua brass does seem to be slightly better quality than the remington 7mm-08 brass that I have,flash holes & primer pockets seem to be slightly more well made.

Posts: 318 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have 7.62x54R brass and it is excellent brass. The trick is noticing that Lapua chamfered the inside of the neck in a way that produced a burr on the outiside that goes too far back to be fixed with an RCBS/Wilson de burring tool. By partial neck sizing the brass before de burring the outside of the neck, cockie cutter mouths and / or apparent neck thickness variation can be avoided.

I have heard that someone makes the .223 brass for Lapua. Is this true?
Should I avoid the .223 brass?

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Clark:
I have heard that someone makes the .223 brass for Lapua. Is this true?
Should I avoid the .223 brass?

Never used it but I understand their .223 brass is the best .223 brass available.

<JOHAN>
posted
BECoole

Lapua, Rauforss and a Swedish militairy manufacturer has formed a company called Nammo corp. for their militairy stuff.

I know that they sometimes has done trades with NORMA, but I'm not sure about the 223 brass.

I like Lapua brass, I which they made some more calibers and magnum cases

/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been using Lapua 6.5x55 for some years now and it is by far the best I've ever used.

Posts: 1361 | Location: congress, az us | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just came back from the range, where we discussed Norma vs. Lapua. Lapua won..!
Norma used to be good stuff, but since Beretta bought them. They are puncing flashholes and are in all sorts of ways trying to make money more than they are trying to make good brass. Too bad..but thats the way it is.

Posts: 389 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 05 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ups.. forgot M98. Say hello down under from me.
I have a two long legged, blond cute cousins (female) in the Brisbane area.

Posts: 389 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 05 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll join the Lapua lovefest. I've used in in several calibers and think it to be the best available.

Posts: 498 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 13 January 2002Reply With Quote
<Yspen>
posted
I have used the same batch of 50 Lapua cases(6,5x55) for the last three years - I have lost count how many reloads it has been . Best on the market .
Bn

one of us
posted Hide Post
today i killed of my case it died on its 54 th firing with a case head seperation ....not bad
regards daniel

<JOHAN>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Niels:

Norma used to be good stuff, but since Beretta bought them. They are puncing flashholes and are in all sorts of ways trying to make money more than they are trying to make good brass. Too bad..but thats the way it is.

Niels
I think you gotten it wrong NORMA is owned by the Dynamite Nobel group and not Beretta!! Sako on the other hand is owned by beretta and they also makes ammo.

I know that NORMA flashholes are reamed out by CNC machines. I find the norma brass to be very good in quality and better than any of the american made brass. Visit their web site and take a look or send them and email. http://www.norma.cc/sida/eng/index.html

/ JOHAN