New
Find
Notify
Tools

300WSM & Retumbo
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anybody used Retumbo in their 300WSM?

The recent postings of Retumbo for 7mmRemMag has peaked my interest, but I would also like to try it in my 300WSM.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like retumbo but it might be hard to stuff enough of it in the WSM case to get 180's to go fast enough. If you find out different please let me know!..................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DJ....That is what I thought.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mighty Peace
posted Hide Post
I havent reloaded any 180gr for my friend's 300wsm with Retumbo, but for my 270wsm, I have a compressed load for the 140gr Accubonds. 71.0 gives close to 3200ft/sec with under 1/2" 5 shot groups.

No pressure signs.

Posts: 431 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 02 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MT For what its worth,I've found that H4831 & RL 22 are hard to beat in the 270 WSM so you will want something a little faster in the 300 WSM. I would suggest you try RL19 and H4350.

Posts: 2442 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My thoughts exactly. I am actually using IMR4350 in my 300WSM right now and I am reasonably happy with my results. I am always interested in experimenting with something new and if I go to Retumbo for my 7mmRemMag I was curious if it would also function in my 300WSM. The reason behind my thoughts is because my 7mm doesn't like IMR4350 and with my 1 pound of powder dwindling (I never buy 8lb canister for first time powders). I was looking for a dual caliber powder.

I think that I am going to try Ramshot's Hunter since that is what I can readily get.