THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Anyone selling Norma powders in the U.S.???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I wish there was more data for the Norma powders. I have a can of MRP and MRP-2 that I got from Grafs awhile back and I love the MRP. The MRP-2 may be a little too slow for my rifles but I may start trying the RL-25 data with it, working up. The MRP that I have is a little faster than the RL-22 that I have and may be very close to RL-19. Like I read in Ken Waters "Pet Loads", MRP seems to give high velocity with out as much pressure as most powders. I wish I had a 8lb jug of it. BM

Bill

Posts: 128 | Location: Hensley, AR | Registered: 05 June 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I also spoke with "Ellie" at Graf & Sons. They also have quit carrying it due to the expense of importing it. I'm looking for the MRP-2 powder which they don't have. It may be that this brand is no longer available in this country. Thanks for the lead.

posted Hide Post
I called these people (Dynamint Nobel) and they do not carry the powders and did not know of anyone that did. Any other suggestions?

one of us
posted Hide Post
They just published a load manual. Midway should have it.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Just using the QuickLoad program the RL-25 and MRP-2 are not the same. I'll check the listed distributors again but thus far I have had no luck. If I find a source, I'll post it here.

Thanks for the responses!

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I used MRP for years. I'm down to about 2# and I'm saving it for the two rifles that like only it. Would love to find some more. I've found that RL22 is real close. Sorry I have no experience with RL25 or MRP-2.

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Quote:

I wish there was more data for the Norma powders. I have a can of MRP and MRP-2 that I got from Grafs awhile back and I love the MRP. The MRP-2 may be a little too slow for my rifles but I may start trying the RL-25 data with it, working up. The MRP that I have is a little faster than the RL-22 that I have and may be very close to RL-19. Like I read in Ken Waters "Pet Loads", MRP seems to give high velocity without as much pressure as most powders. I wish I had a 8lb jug of it. BM Bill

There were a couple of lots of MRP's predecessor, N205, which produced some almost unbelievably high velocities in standard cartridges like the 7X57mm and the .30/'06 with heavy bullets and low pressures. However, N205 seems to have been quite variable from lot ot lot, and even Norma was unable to reproduce the high-performing powder! So N205 was discontinued, and was repalced by MRP. I understand that sometimes even MRP is not all that consistent from lot to lot either!!