THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Copper prices-seems to be conflicting views?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just when we started to see some reductions in the price of ammo, at least in my area of eastern PA, a number of gun shops in my area are telling me to expect higher ammo and component prices in the near term. There are however conflicting views. See this link:

Analyzing Why Copper Prices Are Likely to Weaken Near Term

Was just wondering what others know and are hearing and how long it takes for the price fluctuation to be reflected in the materials necessary for our hobby

What do you hear?

Thanks
Paul

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
we use tons of copper each year, and the prices are up by at least a buck a pound now, however now figure out how many jackets you can make out of a pound of copper, and then divide that into the xtra buck and see if you can justify price increases by much

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, prices are getting back up to historic highs. My buddy is about to off-load a bunch of copper at the scrap yard. I'm still stocked up with bullets since before the last run up.

NRA(Life),Veteran, RMEF,RGS,DU

Posts: 49 | Location: WI | Registered: 31 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In Central Europe, the last time copper prices skyrocketed, prices for ammo and bullets went through the roof. After all, the argument went, look at those copper prices!!

Then the financial crisis and ensuing world wide recession set in. Commodity prices dropped - including those of copper. Strangely, this seemed to have no effect whatsoever on the price of ammo and bullets - which remained at their "copper high" inflated levels. Seems to me to be a case of "sticky" prices - i.e. prices will rise when the opportunity or necessity arises, but opportunity to make an extra buck will strictly limit any downward potential...

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Economics 101 : Supply and Demand . You demand They supply !. Financial meltdown has some businesses BOOMING ,as their not about to lose or even break even on their products . Their going to GOUGE their LOSES out of YOU and I !!!!!!!.Similar Gouging Fuel Food pricing !!!.

However no one uses that nasty I word ; Inflation !!!. With the Gov. sector Jobs at 3-14 times pay scale and benefits over what private sector jobs are paying ; Hey there is NO INFLATION for GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES !!!!!!!!!

Not to change the subject terribly but has anyone else noticed the Stock Market and Media descriptions for ups and downs ?.

Seriously those people are MORONS ; Example stocks rose today on reports of consumer spending may be up .

Stocks went down today based on quarterly earnings reports . Stocks rose today based on feds holding interest at 0 percent .

Stocks plummet based on New unemployment figures . My point is Media doesn't have A CLUE what drives a market or makes the down turn in it . They're just attaching ANY Named reason regardless of the circumstances which actually are controlling the Market !.

Lesson for the day concluded .Thank You , Doc ...

patriot salute archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote