THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have the BEST 375 Ruger load!!!!!!!!!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted
I am full of bull, but hopefully got you Ruger owners to at least glance here.

Fellas, I've got the LH African and am just starting to use it. I have searched the forum, and other sites, and there still seems to be a lack of experience posted on the 375 Ruger. I am aware of the Hodgdon site and I do know Dirk lawyer has had some great success with the TSX and R-15. I'd appreciate hearing about some experiences with lighter and heavier bullets and what powders this rifle seems to favor. We all know how much easier it makes the load development when folks help narrow down the field of formulas.

Thanks guys, sure have appreciated the info I got on the 9.3x62 and 375 H&H in the past!

Posts: 9419 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Strawman419
posted Hide Post
I just got my 375 Ruger in yesterday and I was shooting some factory loads and it was great. I will have more load data in the future because I have yet to reload this cartridge, however I found some data online.
http://www.realguns.com/loads/375Ruger.htm
http://data.hodgdon.com/cartridge_load.asp

"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." T. Roosevelt

Posts: 71 | Location: Toledo | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Thanks Straw.

Yesterday I shot some 414 behind 225 Hornadays to get the brass once fired and break in the barrel. I was successful in both endeavors but accuracy wasn't anything to mention here.

This afternoon I loaded some R-15 behind some 260g Accubonds and 270g Swifts, and some R-19 behind some Nosler and Woodleigh 300g. I'll post here with results.

Posts: 9419 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have done extensive load development and have found that RL-15 has been the most consistent for accuracy with Nosler 260 & 300 Partitions, Nosler 260 Accubonds, Barnes 270, Hornady 300 RN & Flat Nose and the new Nosler FPDG. I've also had good luck with RL-19 and Varget.

Just for grins, I killed two white tails last season. I'm taking it bear hunting in a couple of weeks.

Good luck with your load development.

Posts: 188 | Location: South Dakota, USA | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Thanks SD!

I printed the Hodgdon page and it seemed to be listing powder weights above those for the H&H for their products. Alliant data hasn't been as easy to find other than posters like ourselves on the internet.

As I prefer to use the Nosler and Barnes bullets and the Alliant powders, would you mind sharing what powder weights you have had luck with in the Alliant powders? Also, what primers have you been using? I understand to use all the appropriate caution when working up to others loads.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am thinking of rechambering my 375/338 Win to 375 Ruger. Would one of you make for me 3 dummy rounds, no primer no powder, just brass and bullets. Tell me how much and I will send a PO money order. Thank you

Lyle

email lylensuzi@yahoo.com

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. I would remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
Barry M Goldwater.

Posts: 968 | Location: YUMA, ARIZONA | Registered: 12 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I'd be happy to. No money required. I can't see you wasting any time with a payment for three rounds. PM your address and I get 'em to the Post.

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I should have mentioned that I spoke with Barnes bullets today and they recommended R-15 over R-19 due to case capacity.

one of us
posted Hide Post
PM on the way Thanks a bunch

Lyle

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. I would remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
Barry M Goldwater.

Posts: 968 | Location: YUMA, ARIZONA | Registered: 12 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Fellas,

Got to the range with the LH African. As others have said, the Alliant powders worked well. R-15 with the 270g TSX worked nicely and R-19 with the Woodleigh 300g also grouped well. I noticed powder compression with the R-19 and Woodleighs to the point of buldging the cases enough to make them hard to chamber. There were no pressure signs on the fired case but I don't think I'll use R-19 again in that formula.

On the other hand R-15 and the 270g Barnes Banded Solid grouped like a shotgun. Anybody got any pointers?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try the 260-grain Accubond.

Posts: 409 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The best load that I developed for a Barnes XFB 270 Gr. used 67.0 gr. of IMR 4064 with Fed GM215M primers. I did not chronograph but based on calculations the velocity was
2545 +/-. Group size was .93 at 100 yds.
Barrel is 24".

Over the years I have found that load development with Barnes bullets has always been trying. Once you get the load right for the rifle, they are great. But it usually takes lots of very detailed testing. Therefore, I more often will shoot the Nosler Accubond. Very forgiving in load development. My 260 gr. Accubond with 72 gr of RL-15 gave me a .932 group on the first try, and a .305 group on the second try (center to center).

Hope you get her worked out.

Posts: 188 | Location: South Dakota, USA | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
For whatever reason I didn't have the best results from the Accubonds in either the H&H or Ruger. I'll try again.

SD, I gave up using the old Barnes, but the TSX's have been easy to develop in a variety of cartridges for me.

No body got any good loads for the solids in a 375 Ruger yet?

'Preciate the hep fellers.

one of us
Picture of Alaska Bush Man
posted Hide Post
http://www.realguns.com/loads/375Ruger.htm

Best Load I use is 72.0 of RL 15 and 260 AB.

Jeff
North Pole, Alaska

Red Team 98

Posts: 523 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote