Find
Notify
Tools

Dakota 7X57 shoots OK.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted
It's not the .25MOA I wanted. But, at slightly over .5", good enough for 150 grain Nosler Partitions. Twist is 1 in 9". 50 grains of H4831. I also tried some H4831SC and groups opened up a bit. Might try some 160 NP's later.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5231 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely nothing wrong with that out of a sporting rifle!
Isn't it satisfying?
Zeke

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with that; they are easier to measure if you go from the outside of one hole to the inside of another; easier to see than trying to judge the centers.

Posts: 17272 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I'd take it in a heart beat.

My wife's 7x57 likes the 140gr accubond the best. She uses it for everything from TX whitetail to Oryx and Elk

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Yes it was satisfying Zeke. Might still try some 160's.
dpcd Tomayto, tomahto. It's all good.
Both the Partitions and Accubonds seem to be the bullet of choice for lots of folks. Do you get decent penetration with your Accubonds Paul? My last two deer were taken with ballistic tip boat tails and they disintegrated at around 85 yards on whitetails. The heart and lungs turned to soup. Haven't got to shoot anything with the partitions yet. Maybe this year.

Posts: 5231 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
The 140 Accubond works great. Made a believer of our PH in Namibia. The wife took her Oryx at 275yds entered just behind the shoulder took out the hear and lungs broke shoulder or leg bone (swiss cheese memory again) and exited. On elk sometimes it exits the rest just under the skin. The wife will only take high % shots.

I used Part and BT for years depending on what I was hunting. Now it is just the accubond. Never had a failure.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Thanks Paul.