New
Find
Notify
Tools

7mm-08 & H4895
 Login/Join

<Fire Hawk>
posted
How does this powder perform in the 7-08? I have not found very much load data for it but I see alot for IMR 4895.

How do these two powders compare to each other?

Thanks for the advice and help! FH

<Reloader66>
posted
Both powders performed well in my 7-08 with the 120 grain bullet. Top accuracy being my goal I used the powder that produced the best groups.

<Fire Hawk>
posted
RE66 thanks for your reply. I assume that you were saying that the accuracy was good with H4895 but the velocity wasn't as high as with some powders. Is this correct?

Anyone else using this powder with their 7mm-08? Thanks FH

<TDS27>
posted
Fire Hawk, I've used H4895 with 140 gr. Nosler BTs. My records show .5" groups with 39.9 gr. of H4895. Didn't record velocities though, [Frown] sorry.

one of us
Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
i use H4895 in my 15" 7-08 encore pistol with the 120gr nosler bt. shoots great. [Cool]

Posts: 268 | Location: Northeast Kentucky | Registered: 29 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Fire
Imr 4895 works as well for me to with 120's But I like the 130 Barnes with 46 Gr of Varget It has a 24" barrel.I use cci primers Gettig about 3075 fps and.700 Group.It does heck of a number on wt deer.Good luck Oh yeah work up to this load dont start with it.
Craig

Posts: 8 | Location: Weir Ms | Registered: 20 January 2003Reply With Quote
<Fire Hawk>
posted
Thanks for the help! I have some loaded and I am ready to hit the range. I will let you know how they perform.

Again, I appreciate your help! FH

<Frank>
posted
The only 2 powders I use are N-140 and varget both of them makes my gun shoot under .500 all the time