New
Find
Notify
Tools

300 H&H brass
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can anyone tell me the best source for brass for a 300 H&H?

Thanks

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You will have to check around to just FIND some....besides the Nosler?....and it is twice plus what R/W is.....other boards have noted that Remington has gone to a "as needed" type schedule for the 300H/H brass and will produce a run when enough orders are received from distributors......post such as yours here at other shooting boards might find someone with it still in old stock....I lucked out and ordered some just before it got scarce.....good luck and good shooting with some new brass!

bigdaddytacp

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Blackhills Shooter's Supply has it in both nickled and brass.

http://www.bhshooters.com/

Swift, Silent, & Friendly

Posts: 426 | Location: Nevada | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Midway has some listed right now.

Posts: 185 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
MHC,
As kelbro pointed out, Midway has it in stock and at a pretty good price right now. Remington and Nosler are the only manufacturers with easily accessible brass right now.
FBB

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The only brand I'm finding available on Midway's site is Norma. If you want some Remington brand, you'll have to go to Graf and sons. The Rem brass is about 1/3 the price of Norma, but some have reported suspect quality with the Rem cases.

I bought a couple hundred pieces of the Rem brass when Midway had it available, but haven't fired it yet. My previous lot of Win brass is still going strong after 4 reloadings. Time to anneal the necks to prevent any splits.

Posts: 306 | Location: Originally from Texas | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I found some Remington 300H&H at Huntington's and ended up buying it from them. I also prefer Winchester and Norma brass, but nobody currently has any Winchester brass in 300H&H and the Norma brass is pretty expensive (compared to the Remington).

Next Question: Does anybody know of "who" currently has 300H&H Redding dies in stock? Midway has a 30-day back order on them.

Thanks

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
found dies at Graf & Son's.

Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
Try www.redding-reloading.com directly or call them and ask for Curt Nelson

On their site, click on mail order dealers, and they have a whole list of site to look at.

D & R Sports shows them in stock. www.dnrsports.com

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote