Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

accurate 2495 powder?
 Login/Join

posted
anybody using this powder in thier 308 or 22-250? car too share recipes? thanks don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought pound of it last year for something, but I honestly can't remember why. It might have been for 38-55. Sorry.

Posts: 831 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I personally have not got around to using my 2495 yet .

I how ever do have a friend who uses accurate powder in .308 as well as 30/06 . If memory services me . 44.0 grains in .308 & 48.8 grains in his M1 Garand I want to say 150 - 168 grain projectiles . Please check or maybe some one else can verify those loads . I do know as I've shot his Garand several times , it AMAZES ME !.

It groups .465-.675" regularly if you do your part . Now what's amazing is it's a Danish Garand with a Var barrel surplus DCM or now CMP purchased stock nothing done to it !!!.

By the way he Swears by Accurate Arms Powder , uses it in any and every load of what ever caliber before moving on too another powder brand , if he's unhappy with results that is .

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I used it in competition for 3-to-5 years. As a general rule, it burned about the same as IMR 4895, perhaps even a teentsy iota slower. It DID definitely burn dirtier in my rifles with the same charges and bullets as 4895.

Anyway, I found it safe to begin with 4895 starting loads and work up from there. The rumour at that time (1992-1996) was that both BW-36 and AA-2495 were chinese manufactured clones of 4895, imported for sale here. Whether that is correct or not, I cannot prove. Issues of Precision Shooting had some info on both about 13-14 years ago.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought 2 lbs of it about 10-12 years ago.
It smells like moth balls (phenol) or maybe Lysol.
Says made in China on the back. I had a pressure excursion twice with it using loads 2 grains lighter than listed starting loads. When I finish off the last pound in some old Mausers I will buy no more. I can't recommend it when more predictable powders with more data are more readily available.

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote