New
Find
Notify
Tools

300 rum range results + picture..
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
well i broke down and bought a african safari, remington custom shop rifle ,chambered in 300 rum. i am tickled so far. i shot this group today. 168 grain barnes xxx, 101 grains of mag pro, fed 215m primers. average velocity was 3512. std. deviation 28 fps. i know alot of you guys thought remingtons custom shop guns were substandard, i beg to differ.

Posts: 485 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 17 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
here is a pic of the rifle..

Posts: 485 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 17 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very impressive.How many groups did you fire with the gun and what did the other groups look like?What was the average group size?

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
hvyw8t-what happened to the 7STW? Great group.

Stubblejumper-have always liked your way of thinking.

Posts: 12 | Location: Eagle, Idaho | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the other powder i tried was r25 i worked up to 100 grains with it and the group size was about an inch and 1/2. on another day i shot some factory remington 180 grain nosler partitions that shot into 3/4 of an inch but the velocity was in the low 3200s. the only reloads have been with mag pro and r 25 so far. i only shot one other group with mag pro and it went into .558. i think its a great place to start. i am very pleased with this rifle so far. this pic shows the r 25 group on the left. i believe it would have been a better group had i not pulled the upper right shot. velocity was a tad better. average v with r25 was 3532. the group on the left was made after a scope adjustment fyi.

one of us
posted Hide Post
the stw found a new owner. i guess i am not a sako guy.

one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle man!

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Quote:

well i broke down and bought a african safari, remington custom shop rifle ,chambered in 300 rum. i am tickled so far. i shot this group today. 168 grain barnes xxx, 101 grains of mag pro, fed 215m primers. average velocity was 3512. std. deviation 28 fps. i know alot of you guys thought remingtons custom shop guns were substandard, i beg to differ.

What does she weigh with the scope ready to go?

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The gun by its self weighs 8.25 pounds. the scope is a leupold 4.5 to 14 by 40. i would geuss with everything it weighs just under 10 pounds. i have to laugh at people who complain about the extreme recoil of the 300 rum. i think it is very tolerable. not much more than a 338 wm. more of a push than a crack. cheers!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

i have to laugh at people who complain about the extreme recoil of the 300 rum. i think it is very tolerable. not much more than a 338 wm. more of a push than a crack. cheers!

I told people the same thing!! Nobody believes me.

My .300WM kicks harder than my .300UM..sakofan..

Posts: 1379 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Quote:

The gun by its self weighs 8.25 pounds. the scope is a leupold 4.5 to 14 by 40. i would geuss with everything it weighs just under 10 pounds. i have to laugh at people who complain about the extreme recoil of the 300 rum. i think it is very tolerable. not much more than a 338 wm. more of a push than a crack. cheers!

I feel the same way. My Rem 700 LSS weighs in at 9 lbs after everything is said and done, and kicks (to me) like a baby. I like the 300 RUM. I will be working on the 200 gr Accubond at 3100+ fps soon, weather permitting!

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote