New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well, I have now seen it all!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just checked brass prices at an online store I buy from on occasion, and Norma brass is cheaper than the Nosler stuff. Are you kidding me? Sounds to me like Nosler has just gotten greedy. No way their brass eclipses the Norma stuff... no way.

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Barstool(er)
posted Hide Post
Nosler does not make their own brass. They buy it from various vendors who put a "Nosler" stamp on the head.

Barstool(er)

Weapon of Choice: 30mm Gatling Gun

Over 1500 posts as "Barstooler"

Posts: 33 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 09 June 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
Nosler brass is sized, trimmed to length, case mouth is deburred and chamfered, flash hole deburred, weight sorted, polished and finally inspected and packaged. Norma is one of their suppliers from what I have heard.
QC costs and cherry picking costs $$. Is it better then Norma? Don't know. It is on par with Lapua IMHO though

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know who makes Nosler brass, and I've only used it for two rifles, but that was more consistent than any I've used, including Lapua and Norma.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To all who have responded: is it worth a buck seventy five a case? I think not!

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doubless:

ConfusedWhat cartridge?? beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
quote:
Originally posted by Doubless:

ConfusedWhat cartridge?? beerroger

I can't find the cartridge I was referring to in the original post (I have slept since then...) but I just looked at 257 Roberts cases on the same site. The Winchester and Remington are listed at $.60 and $.62 per case, respectively, and the Nosler (a +P case) are $1.52 each!!! By my math that is 2-1/2 times as expensive. I will say it again: are you kidding me?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought 280 Nosler from Grafs a couple months ago and it was $1.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote