Find
Notify
Tools

Lee crimp dies
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 44magLeo
posted
For those who have found the Lee factory crimp die for straight walled pistol cases they now make the collet crimp dies for a few.
I was cruising Ebay and saw one for 44Mag. I went to the Lee website to check. Yes, they do make them. They list the 44Mag, 460 and 500 S&W's, the 45 colt and 357 Mag. Under custom overruns they list the 357 Herrett, 45 Blazer, and 41 Mag. The first list is priced at $15.98 at Lee, the others may be more.
Ebay has them $17.99 shipped, Midway $17.98 shipped. To my house anyway. I got one coming.
I think these should work much better than the carbide versions. I have one of those and don't like it. I shot mostly cast in my 44 Mag, the carbide die resizes the whole case as well as crimp. This leaves the bullets loose in the case.
When the new die gets here I'll try it and report back.
Leo

The only way to know if you can do a thing is to do it.

Posts: 317 | Location: Lebanon NY | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think they will still make them for any caliber if you call them up for a special order..I know they have for double rifles and some big DG rounds..I have them for my 9.3x62, 25-35, 30-30, and .348 Win...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote