New
Find
Notify
Tools

Case trimming from a prep station
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone make a die/attachment that allows you to case trim and deburr from a powered case prep center like the RCBS Trim Mate or others?

Posts: 314 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: 08 August 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I think there are some.

But, I prefer to use a Wilson trimmer.

The best there is in my experience.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68689 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used the Redding 2400 Match Precision Case Trimmer for years and it was okay.

But a friend gave me a Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series Case Prep and Trim Center a couple of years ago and I love it.

It took me a little while to get a feel for setting it up for different cartridges, but since I've become familiar with it I've found it easy to use, moderately fast and the trimming is very uniform.

I've not used other trimmers, so I can't compare this unit to them. But I'm as happy as the proverbial clam with it and have no desire to change.

Posts: 939 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 24 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My wilson and Forester are modified to operate with a hand drill..In my opine most lathe type trimmers are not accurate enough for calibers that must be crimped such as doubles, Lever guns, pistols and such to place the crimp exact..in which case I use a file trim die, cheap and absolutly accurate..and its a tad slow, but I never get in a hurry in the shop..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does the Lee trimmer not fit the bill?

Posts: 495 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 28 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have tried a number of case trimmers. I currently am using a Wilson with the Micrometer attachment. I get precise, clean, square case necks and it is (slightly) faster than the collet/lathe type trimmer. And much more accurate. Also more expensive, but worth the money to me.

Posts: 872 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With Quote