Find
Notify
Tools

blemished bullets
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted
I saw this site for some factory second noslers and thought I would share it.

http://www.shootersproshop.com/factory2ndsheader.html

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
I bought some 260-grain .375 Accubonds from them as "blems", and can see nothing different about them. I didn't weig them, however!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Doesn't seem like much of a discount. You can get 1st quality Hornady bullets for about 10% less. Example 75 Hornady BTHPM for $89/1,000 compared to the 77 Nosler 2nds for $100/1,000.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have purchased some of the "factory second" nosler bullets from Shooters Pro Shop in Bent and was very happy with them. Have fired several 100 yard 3 shot groups into less than half an inch with their 140 gr Accubonds and the 130 gr Solid Base bullets. Nice!

Posts: 515 | Location: kennewick, wa | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of scw
posted Hide Post
I try to get some Accubonds in .338 every time I can, which isn't very often. I also have lots in 6.5 and .30 cal, they all have been 1st rate, I can't see why they are considered 2nds. Even the weight has been very uniform.

Posts: 281 | Location: Utah | Registered: 24 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is something very satisfying about having piles of partitions in the reloading room. I don't know if they still do it, but I used to get free shipping for buying ten bags at a time.
Lock, Stock and Bagel ('er, Barrel) has Hornady blems from time to time.
Does anybody know where to get Sierra HPBT blems?
I'm a blem, so I shoot blems.
JFN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I'm a blem, so I shoot blems.

Me, too!

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been shooting Buffalo with the Nosler Blems for several years, and couldn't be happier...The 416 cal. 400 gr. Nosler Partition blem is the best buffalo bullet soft that I have ever used and second place is way behind...It will make two holes everytime on a broadside and sometimes with an angle...

Posts: 42090 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted

I have used the blemished bullets and they work just fine. Actually it's very hard see why some of them are seconds

Gabe at Shooter Pro shop is good to deal with

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
JFN

I have bought Sierra blems at the factory in Sadalia MO......might give them a call and see if they will ship.....when I bought there, they sold them by the pound.

Posts: 1499 | Location: NE Okla | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
I use 200gr Nosler Part. Blems in my 323 I use them on Elk and they couldn't tell difference. I from Madras so Bend is only 40 miles away so my dad goes down there and buys several bags at time.

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I'll stop by the next time I'm back that way.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote