New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Ceramic Media
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone know if this media will work well for bottleneck cases and if so how small? will it work in .22 caliber cases? Are there other sources besides cabelas that sell smaller cut media? How long does it last? Forever?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I clean my BP cases with 3mm ceramic beads that I got from BuffaloArms.com. They will last forever, there is no dust as they are the hardest thing in there, but I'm not sure how effecient they would be in a small case. Not that they wouldn't enter, but they would stay and not get much movement. Same problem with polishing the inside of even straight cases in Walnut or corncob media.

This gets them clean, not polished as I am wet tumbling. I then go to Walnut to polish.

Posts: 37 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I found a site that sells a variety of ceramic media in several different grades of abrasiveness and sizes. I emailed them to get their opinion but they have an angle cut cylinder shape that I think would work well for getting into the small areas on the primer pocket and stuff. They also sell a variety of stainless steel media that can be used for polishing I guess. I will post with whatever they tell me when they respond.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Furor, look forward to your results, I have been looking at several different suppliers of abrasives as well and am wondering which style/shape would work best. I wonder if a small pellet style would clean and polish?

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote