New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Is Sierra in denial ????
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well boys shoot what you want. The two worst bulet failures I have witnessed were made by sierra bullets but there still are some useful weights and designs they put out and I will still use them.

Posts: 2899 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I really have no "brand" loyalty; I shoot the bullets I think are best ofr the task @ hand. I like Sierra's MK for target, I hunt w/ Nosler partitions or North Forks, I practice w/ Speer, Hornady or Sierra, Rem., whichever works best for me. Isn't living & shooting in the USA grand (as long as the Dems. stay out of power)?

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a long talk with Sierra a few months ago and got the impression that they are very busy doing what they do well.

Sierra is no longer a young company and it seems that they are satisfied with the way things are going.

I shoot more Sierra bullets than any other brand. Since most of my shooting is at targets or varmints Sierra's are as good as it gets for the price and then some.

Years ago there were not nearly as many bullets available as today so we are not hurting.

I wish to thank the Sierra company for what they do. Sierra is a fundimental part of modern rifle history.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bear-

I think you're probably very close.

Sierra is very good at what they do... very accurate bullets for the target/competion crowd (high volume shooters...), super varmint bullets (again, high volume), and for the vast majority (again, see the large numbers?) of hunters, a GameKing or it's like will be all that's ever needed. For the relatively small number of hunters who can honestly justify a "tough, premium bullet", there are just too many other companies making bullets for them.

I agree with Sierra. Stay very good at what you do, rather than try to diversify too much and be "all things to all people".

one of us
posted Hide Post
I wouldnt have a problem using a 300g Match King out of a 338 in that application.