New
Find
Notify
Tools

Difference in the 2 BArnes Bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am shooting the TSX out of my 7mm stw at 3400fps with 3/4 inch groups right now but I tried the blue meanies out (The blue coated xlc's) and they fly 3540 fps and group better at 1/2 inch. I have a few questions that I want to find the answeres to.
1. for long range shooting would the tsx be better than the XLC's? It seams like I read they have less drag than the earlier barnes bullets. With the difference in speeds they might even be about the same.
2. Do these bullets both have the same effect on game at these high speeds? I wonder if the tsx is made to open up faster and have a bigger wound channel.
I don't know much about the XLC's but I really like the tsx and wonder if I should switch over.
What do you guys think? I haven't shot the XLC's at long range and just wonder which is going to be the flatest and best bullet for my gun. Does anyone have any thoughts they might want to share to help out.
Thanks
Phil

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
The TSX is the newest technology and will probably be easier to find. I regularly shoot the XLC's because I have a large stock on hand. I do not thing there will be any noticeable performance difference between the two. If you have a bunch of TSx's in stock -- keep using them.

Posts: 5710 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote