THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Re: Which magnum large rifle primer has the most go?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Which magnum large rifle primer has the most go?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Quote:

I think the Winchester WLRM is the "hottest" and the Fed 215 or CCI are next. I use Win primers more than any other.

I agree.

Posts: 3993 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
FRom all the reports that I have read, they seem to say WLRM is the hottest.

You might wish to have a look at our primer test.

AR Primer Test

Posts: 67423 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Federal 215 is the hottest primer commercially available and thats why they use them exclusively in the double rifle cartridges...

Fed makes a 216 primer specifically for the .470, and its the hands down hottest primer, but not available except in Fed factory ammo......

Posts: 41973 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Hmm, my reading materials tell me that the 216 was developed for the 378WBY......now, if I could only remember where I read that..... grumble, grumble, grumble.

As far as the Fed 215 being the hottest, in tests I have seen both the 215 and the WLRM ranked first. FWIW, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote