Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone ever used CFE 223 powder?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Joe R. Lock
posted
On the Hodgdon web site the data given for the 8x57 Mauser is rather impressive in that it shows some higher velocities with lower pressures compared to some other loads. The problem is, I can't find any locally (central Florida).
joe

Posts: 236 | Location: Florida | Registered: 08 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
I bought a couple pounds of it but haven't started loading it yet. My purchase was based on a guy from works recommendation. He has been using it in AR's in .223 but has (his story) been getting very good accuracy, has high velocities, and isn't seeing the fouling in the gas tubes that he was getting with others.

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used it for .308Win in my AR-10. It works well with the 155gr SMK Palma bullet. It needed to be loaded near max or it wouldn't cycle the bolt reliably. I didn't run it over a chrony as I am first trying to find the accuracy and then run it over the chrony. I didn't really notice any difference in the cleanliness or copper fouling that they claim. I don't really care as I clean the rifle after each string.

I haven't tried it in any other caliber yet but I have a few thousand 5.56 brass that needs to be loaded.

Posts: 743 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 23 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Using it this year in my Remmy .308 LTR with 130 gr TTSX's and like it. Accuracy, chrono'd velocities and SD are excellent.

Posts: 81 | Location: Savannah, Georgia | Registered: 03 October 2004Reply With Quote