THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shooter's Pro Shop has gotten too high........
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted
SPS has been increasing their prices quite a bit over the last few months.

I'm through w/ them. I can get the Nosler 1st for just a little bit more than SPS seconds.

Oh Well, I guess we couldn't think those great deals were going to last forever.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Didn't you get the memo, It's all about greed and they are very proud of their seconds now.
It is a shame and I have shot tens of thousands of their seconds. Maybe a phone call to Nosler would help them to understand that they are selling seconds and should have a reduced price on them.
Joe

Posts: 208 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 25 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, what did you expect? People keep writing about how the "seconds" are every bit as good as the "regulars" and how "I have shot tens of thousands of their seconds". If the seconds are as good as the "firsts", then why charge significantly less for them? Nosler is simply charging what the market will bear (or what they believe it will bear). Who is it that doesn't charge in the same way?

Now, whether Nosler is correctly judging the market is open to question. Shooters who will shoot their seconds when the price is competitive with Speer, Sierra, and Hornady, may very well NOT choose to shoot the Nosler seconds at all if they are 30% or 40% higher than commonly available bullets. After all, the big market in Nosler seconds hasn't been in "premium" Partitions for big game, but in Ballistic Tips and Solid Base bullets for varmints and deer. Who needs a Nosler for gophers when a Sierra does as well for less money?

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Stonecreek is right, the savings is on the Partitions, and they do shoot every bit as well as the 1sts. You may have to sort by weight as I have seen them as much as 1.5gr diff. but they are still a great deal & I applaud Nosler for making them an affordable practice bullet to my hunting loads. clap

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
quote:
Maybe a phone call to Nosler would help them to understand that they are selling seconds and should have a reduced price on them.

Gentlemen,

Time to send nosler an email and ask how they can be so rude to sell factory second bullets at all Red Face Red Face Second quality it shall be at least 70% less. I never use factory second products for hunting.........and there are other good bullets

Cheers
/JOHAN