New
Find
Notify
Tools

Powder Cling?
 Login/Join

Picture of usmcrmsgt
posted
I have been experiencing powder granules clinging to my powder funnels and am looking for suggestions as to cleaning or otherwise remove the what I believe to be static from my plastic powder funnel.

Semper Fi;
Paul B.

Posts: 1 | Location: North-Eastern Michigan | Registered: 01 May 2012Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Use an anti-static cloth or a fabric softener sheet that has been through a couple of dryer cycles.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
I don't even bother with used dryer sheets. I just pull one out of the box every so often. Works well in your dispenser, too.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
Use an anti-static cloth or a fabric softener sheet that has been through a couple of dryer cycles.

George

I wipe the inside of my powder measures down about once a year (if that often) and never have a problem with static cling.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12608 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
Wash with liquid dish soap and water then let it air dry without wiping.
Works better then the drier sheets in my limited experiance

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dryer sheets work well, but be sure to use the unscented ones. I'm not sure if the chemical scent agent would present some incompatibility with powder, but that chemical perfume will stink to high heavens in your reloading room or on your hands.

Posts: 13242 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote